Saturday, May 7, 2011

We Leave Tomorrow

It has been quite the whirlwind to get us to this point.  I didnt think we would be able to pull it off in a week but, we did.

Thursday started out a bit rough, I have to say. There were few phone calls coming in, in regards to organizing the help that were expecting from CBS and just friends in general.  Then, I was surprised with the arrival of my parents from LA for my Birthday.  Who could ask for more?  Well, now I had to try and tone down Alabama Central as we call it and  be with them.  All day I was incredibly worried about a much needed storage space. I had two thoughts - 1. Why am I worrying, the minute I let it go, I will get a space and 2. I feel someone I know is going to come through. The minute I let it go, wham an old co worker friend of mine sent me a note "I have warehouse space for you to store your larger donations".  See, a truck was scheduled to pull out on Sunday and I had this urgency to get all of these big ticket items on it.  Well, as soon as the space was secured, I was told by the trucker that he is going every week and will take it for me next week when we return - God is so good.

Come Friday, I am more relaxed and at peace with where we are at.  We run some errands, come back, a ton of diapers and baby goods are on our front porch, I have no idea who left them and then today WOW, a friend Nicole came through big time.  It was like Christmas landed on our front door step. 

I started to sort through what I can bring with us. I am overwhelmed.  Just so happy to have all of this to bring. So many people will be blessed. 

My sister has graciously paid for all of our gas in pre paid gift cards!  Load of new hygiene and baby products, baby clothes, towels, food, Target and gas cards - we are going with most of your hearts with us.

Be blessed my friends and we will continue to update you while on our journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment