Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Two of Making it Happen

Wow, what an amazing start.  A couple of days ago we decided to head to Alabama.  After hearing and seeing the devestation we couldnt just sit here. Its funny, God knows when its just the right time to move you.  You see things on the news daily and you want to help but, do you get moving?  Well, we decided with one look that it was time to get moving.

On Sunday, it all started with a run in with our Missions Pastor at Church, Tim Hatt. I asked him if had been approached by anyone or if a team was planning a trip to Alabama to help in the relief efforts.  "Well, there is one guy going down there but, nothing official"  I said " We want to be that official team"

Yesterday, I sent a note to my amazing sister Leah about what we were planning on doing.  Just said "hey, if anything moves you in a way to help on this list, great. If not, no worries"  Well, Leah moved. She called the Producers on her show and they got on it.  They called me first thing this morning saying that they want to partner with us on this journey.  AMAZING.

I posted this same message on our facebook pages and lots of people are sending gift cards or reaching out to friends to help.  Krissy my closest friend here reached out to an entire dance ministry and organized a table for item drop offs. My friend Belinda handed me her weekly Church tithing!  AMAZING.

Pastor Tim reached out to me today - got me in touch with Jody at Point of Grace Church.  Who then got me in touch with Doug Stringer with Somebody Cares America who got me in touch with Mike at Blook & Fire Ministries.  Its been a whirlwind but, we are making things happen as a team.  CBS called me today and said that they are reaching out to their sposors for donations, like brand new beds!  Are you kidding me? How much will that bless a family who lost everything? 

We are gearing up to head there on Sunday. We will arrive on Monday and keep you posted on what we encounter every step of the way. 

One of our biggest worries today was securing a warehouse to put all of the donations in and low and behold at the last hour of the day - one has been secured.  Man, God is good. 

Til Tomorrow

Mike & Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment