Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day Three and a day closer to leaving

Yesterday didnt start off with as much of a bang as the day before.  I was getting a little nervous. 

I received a call from Mike Lynch who said that a semi will be rolling through Minneapolis on Friday and that they have two pallets for me if I want to send stuff down now.  Heck yes, I do.  Now I have to find a place to store everything that people here in Minnesota want to donate.  Full bedroom sets, dining room table and clothes clothes and even more clothes.  I was hoping that a warehouse and or storage facility would come through yesterday but, it didn't.  Praying that today a miracle happens. I do not want to lose out on these items for the people down there.

Jody from Point of Grace Church called after wards to say that  a new area that hit was by an E5 and no one knew.  A new command center and group of people had to be deployed to the area.  I wish we could have been there for this.  I just have this need for us to be there today, to help.

4000 meals were served yesterday.  The numbers are growing.  My biggest upset is how people are not responding.  If you watch the news, national and local, its all about Osama Bin Laden and where you can purchase the Royal look a like wedding dress.  How is the fact that there are three hundred missing people in Tuscaloosa falling under the radar?  People are down to concrete slabs in their homes and are dragging their children to shelters every night.  We run to other Countries the moment there is need yet, I just do need see that sense of urgency when it happens in our back yard.  Nashville was under water, I didnt even know until we went there and were told the stories. Honestly my reaction was "oh, I think I heard something".  I know that people have different things fall on their hearts but, the devastation is so catastrophic that I am  blown away at the lack of reaction to my Face Book posts and so forth. 

The people who have helped have been amazing. A friend of mine said "money is tight but, I can get the word out" Her getting the word out resulted in five bags being dropped off at Church last night.  That was amazing and a GIFT! 

I just feel that if we cannot "serve" and help one another - I tend to lose hope in humanity and then.... I am humbled when I remember that HE has my back....

More to come later today...

Nic & Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment